Meet Our Undergraduate Advisor: Laken Pruitt
Office hours and/or advising appointments through Friday, October 1 will be virtual; however, in-person appointments may be scheduled if essential.
We encourage all undergraduate Sociology students to make their advising appointment through the STAR system, which is accessible 24/7.
Appointments are currently being offered on Zoom, over the phone, or in person (if absolutely essential). *Please note in the comments which appointment style you'd prefer.*
If you are unable to use the STAR system for any reason (e.g. you are not currently enrolled, you are not a Sociology major, or you have an emergency circumstance), appointments can be made:
- over the phone, 8:30am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-5:00pm, Monday through Friday, at: (405) 744-6114
- or by emailing our advisor directly at: Laken.Pruitt@okstate.edu
Appointments made solely through voicemail will not be accepted.
First-year students receive their initial advising through the College of Arts and Sciences Student Services.
- To schedule an appointment with your undergraduate advisor: log into the STAR system and click the blue "Get Advising" button.
- The STAR System is available only to OSU's undergraduate students. Graduate students are not in the system and so cannot log in as students (GTAs can log in as professors if they are listed as an instructor of record in Banner).
- Progress Reports/Academic Alerts are submitted through the STAR System.
If you are having problems logging into the STAR system, you can find the contact information for the STAR System:
101 UAT Building
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078
Email questions or issues to:
Any other questions you may have can be addressed here.