Fall 2021 Office Hours
More information coming soon.
Fall 2021 Class Schedule
SOC 3993 - Sociology of Aging: Web
- M.S. in Sociology, Oklahoma State University, 2017
- M.A. in Sociology, University of Pune, Maharashtra (India), 2009
- B.A. in Sociology(with honors), University of Kalyani (India), 2007
- Social Identity Theory
- Group Identity
- Group Relations and Intergroup Conflict
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Social Movements
- Nation and Nationalism
Dhruba moved to Stillwater, Oklahoma in 2015. She completed her Masters in 2017 and joined the Ph.D. program. She grew up in a small town in West Bengal, India. After completing her B.A. in Sociology with Honors from Kalyani University, she moved to Pune to get an M.A. in Sociology from the University of Pune (currently known as Savitribai Phule Pune University), Maharashtra, India. Before joining the graduate program at Oklahoma State University, she worked with several non-governmental organizations.
Currently, she is finishing her third year in the Ph.D. program. She studies group identity, group relations, and social movements. She is also interested in studying events of extreme conflict. Dhruba serves as the Vice President of the Sociology Graduate Student Association (SGSA).